Volunteers: We need YOU!
The running of the A2A Arbuckles to Ardmore Race for Mercy is a two-day community-wide event offering a wide range of opportunities for Southern Oklahomans to get personally involved in fighting cancer right here at home!
Being a volunteer for the A2A is a thrilling and rewarding experience! Volunteering places you squarely in the middle of the participants, allowing you to witness firsthand the roller-coaster of emotions felt by the runners as they fulfill goals they have worked toward for months. As a team member, you will be intensely rewarded for your part in the success of this community venue and you will be blessed with the overwhelming satisfaction of working hard for the fight against cancer.
Volunteer "in memory of" or "in honor of" someone – just DO it! YOUR hard work is what it will take to ensure that the A2A will continue to be a community success and a valuable contributor for the success of Mercy Cancer Center in Ardmore.
- Sponsorship – To contact area businesses and individuals regarding sponsorship opportunities
- Packet assembly – To assemble runners' information packets
- Registration at Expo – To assist during race registration and packet pick up at Convention Center
- Pasta Dinner – To assist with planning, set-up, serving and clean-up
- Trash Pick Up – To assist with trash pick up along race course
- Stadium Crew – To assist with staging, tear-down and clean up of race sites
- Registration at Stadium – To assist during race registration and packet pick up at Noble Stadium
- Water/Aid Stations – To assist with serving water and/or sport drink to runners along course
- Medical Support – For trained medical professionals to provide assistance if necessary
- Gear Check – To collect and transport bags of runners' clothing, etc. from start lines to stadium
- Spirit Groups – For bands, drill teams, cheer leaders, civic clubs, etc. to provide spirit and cheering along course
- Communications – For licensed ham radio operators to provide communication along course
- Safety Patrol – For cyclists to patrol race route to provide assistance if necessary
- Course Marshalling – To direct runners along race course
- Parking – To direct vehicles to proper parking areas at Noble Stadium
- Awards and Finish Line – To assist with presentation of medals, etc. at finish line
- After-race Refreshments – To stage and serve refreshments to runners at finish line
- Kid's Fun Run – To assist with kids event on Sunday afternoon at Noble Stadium